It’s quite simple. We calculate the Total Referred Assets and the total number of referees and unlocked badges to work out the referral bonus. The referral bonus itself has no limit.
Total Referred Assets
The maximum amount you can get as referral bonus (max. referral bonus) equates to 1% per annum on all the assets your friends hold on our platform. The current breakdown is as follows:
- Staking: 1% of all assets
- Lending: 1% of all assets
- Liquidity Mining: 1% of all assets
Four Referral Progress Badges
Depending on how many of your referrals have signed up to Cake DeFi, you’ll unlock a new referral progress badge.
- For 1 – 2 referees, you’ll earn 1 badge that will entitle you to 25% of the maximum referral bonus.
- For between 3 – 5 referees, you’ll earn 2 badges that will entitle you to 50% of the maximum referral bonus.
- For between 6 – 9 referees, you’ll earn 3 badges that will entitle you 75% of the maximum referral bonus.
- For 10 referees and above, you’ll earn all 4 badges that will entitle you to 100% of the maximum referral bonus.
Each category specifies how much of the 1% of the total referred assets you can get. Be aware that your friends need to have at least an allocated balance of $50 on Cake DeFi to be counted as a referral that is eligible for the bonus calculation.
If you refer 10 friends that deposit 10 BTC into their Cake DeFi accounts and use a combination of products (Staking, Lending and Liquidity Mining), your maximum referral bonus would be 1% of 10 BTC — that’s 0.01 BTC.
Since you referred 10 people, you are eligible for 100% of the maximum referral bonus, which is 0.1 BTC.
If you had referred between 3 – 5 people, you would receive 50% of your maximum referral bonus, which would be 0.05 BTC.